The NPower program was established in Nigeria with the aim of fostering productivity through skill development and valuable knowledge sharing and acquisition for economic growth and social development.
The scheme is structured in a way that participants are trained in several fields that will be helpful for building a successful career and finding a job. Apart from the fundamental knowledge they are exposed to, participants carry out practical skills and engage in progressive innovations as well.
Set up with the purpose of diversifying the economy, the programme also runs graduate and non-graduate packages that target the unemployed.
As NPower administrators would have us believe, the programme features the following packages.
- N-POWER Agro – It is said that those trained under this platform are meant to offer advisory services to farmers across the country. Working with the nation’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the guys here are expected to disseminate useful information that would boost agricultural activities.
- N-POWER Tax – This programme was mapped out to encourage taxpayers and make them disclose their correct income voluntarily.
- N-POWER Build
- N-POWER Creative
- N-POWER Health
- N-POWER Teach – Here, qualified graduates are engaged to make meaningful technological contributions towards the uplifting of the educational sector.
- N-POWER Tech Hardware
- N-POWER Tech Software
Each participant on the programme is expected to learn and practice every necessary project that will help them create or find jobs via the modular programmes. Also, it is expected that at the end of the programme, the country would have raised thousands of individuals skilled in diverse areas which would, in turn, diversify the economic fortunes of the country.
In view of the above, the handlers are mandated to ensure that participants are equipped with relevant business and technical skills that will harness their livelihood and work outlook.
If you want to be recruited in NPower, there are some requirements you must meet. They include:
1. Age: NPower is only open to people who are between 18 and 35 years.
2. Interest: Candidates who wish to register for NPower are expected to have a sincere interest in the field of activity they are bracing up for.
3. Qualification: Graduates who wish to join the programme must be a holder of the following educational qualifications from National Universities Commission (NUC) accredited educational institution – a Higher National Diploma (HND), an Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE), and Bachelor’s degree.
4. Successful passing of tests: This is very important as only those who perform excellently in recruitment tests are offered the opportunity to join the programme.
5. Willingness to push one’s self out of one’s comfort zone: NPower was primarily created to reduce youth unemployment, so if you must be part of the train, you must be willing to go extra miles in all ramifications.
6. Enthusiasm and ability to exhibit a flair to make the most of all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
N-Power Recruitment Process
Recruitment on NPower solely depends on the programme you want to take part in. Irrespective of this fact, there are some basic things you need to know.
The following information must be made available for a successful recruitment on NPower.
- Active phone number
- Email address
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Carefully compiled CV
- Correct name record
- Bank verification number (BVN)
- Passport data
- Qualification degree.
NPower Registration: Guide On How To Apply
- Go to NPower official website portal.npower.gov.ng.
- Select one of the three categories – N-power Knowledge, N-power Volunteer corps, or N-power build. On this platform, you will see relevant programs to choose from.
- Once you make your choice, the “Apply now” icon will appear on the screen. Click on it.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, you will be directed to the page where you will access the application form.
- Take time to read it and also fill all the empty fields, including adding the requested documents such as your passport, CV, degree qualification certificate, and others.
You’ll receive a confirmation with the N-Power logo if you successfully completed your registration. Within the next few days, you’ll also receive a letter in your email address, after which you are expected to find out your pre-selection status.
Once your preliminary selection is successful, you are one step away from joining the program. Eventually, you will receive a congratulatory letter from NPower; the letter will notify you that you are qualified to participate in the program and direct you on what to do next.