Telnet is a digital transformation company. Telnet helps companies better serve their customers digitally. We are currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer & Video Editor
Duration: Full-time position
- The graphic designer/video editor is charged with determining the best ways for us to visually represent our company’s products and services. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving the development of high-level creative concepts for design projects including branding, animations, and infographics for video, print and social media outlets.
- The Video Editor/Graphic Designer will also be responsible for the look and feel of web pages, web applications, and their parts.
- We are looking for an individual who is passionate about storytelling and design. This is a role for an imaginative individual with a strong creative sensibility, an eye for detail, deep knowledge of industry tools, and the skill to bring to life compelling stories around often complex technology-related topics.
- Delivers on-brand innovative creative concepts across multiple digital channels e.g. infographics, web, social graphics, email banners, animated display ad campaigns and a variety of internal creative projects.
- Develops design concepts and implements designs for new web pages, document templates, newsletters, applications, ads, infographics, banners, illustrations, logos, and other types of digital content.
- To be able to execute projects from concept to final delivery.
- Participate in the process of creating storyboards and design concepts that clearly define the graphics’ intent.
- Ability to work with Developers, Web Admin and Social Media Admin to develop creative Graphic content.
- Design and produce motion graphics and animations.
- Collaborates closely with the creative and content teams to build an engaging visual story through video e.g. campaign, brand, explainer, case study, operations, educational and corporate culture videos, etc.
- Maintains and manages video footage/asset library and works with vendors, videographers and internal stakeholders to deliver video files transfers as needed.
- Builds short videos to drive engagement and promote via the web, social and paid channels.
- Brings innovative creative ideas to the table and owns the video storyboard development and process.
- Edit projects utilizing video, stills, special effects, and motion graphics.
- Create highly engaging animations for a variety of media including social media, web, special events, and conferences.
- To stay current on advancements in animation, creative trends, and design to deliver cutting edge productions.
- Provides support to internal stakeholders including, HR, Admin, Sales, Customer Service, Operations, and Digital Marketers in developing the content needed to build the company culture and tell a digital story.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines.
Requirements and Skillsets
- Proficient in graphic/video creation tools like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate/Flash, Adobe Premiere and After Effect, Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro, Maya 3D, and CorelDraw Graphic Suite.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in graphic design/ video editing.
- Energetic with good draughting skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of graphic design principles, layout, color theory, grid system, typography, etc. as demonstrated in a strong portfolio of work.
- Understanding of social media design requirements, a good understanding of best practices and a proven track record designing assets across platforms.
- Experience building visual systems, brand guidelines and templates with an ability to design creative concepts to be aligned with the corporate brand.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation, follow-through, and ownership for all assigned tasks and projects to see them through to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Basic HTML, CSS and UX/UI design experience is a plus.
- Motivation to grow and develop professionally and stay current with the latest tools, tech, design & graphic trends.
- HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, or any related discipline; may be substituted with commensurate work experience.
Application Closing Date
18th October 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Telnet is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit staff without regard to religion, state of origin or sex, subject to the laws and regulations of Nigeria.