Scarlett Johansson has topped Forbes’ list of best-paid actresses for a second year – but is only the eighth highest paid actor overall.
The 34-year-old’s income of $56m (£45.7m) lands her below seventh-placed male actor Adam Sandler.
She earned $15.5m (£12.6m) more than she did in 2018, thanks largely to the success of Avengers: Endgame. Modern family actor Sofia Vergara is the only other woman to break into the overall top 10.
Forbes list of the world’s best-paid female actors 2019
1. Scarlett Johansson – $56m (£45.7m)
2. Sofia Vergara – $44.1 (£35.9m)
3. Reese Witherspoon – $35m (£28.5m)
4. Nicole Kidman – $34m (£27.7m)
5. Jennifer Aniston – $28m (22.8m)
6. Kaley Cuoco – $25m (£20.4m)
7. Elisabeth Moss – $24m (£19.5m)
8. Margot Robbie – $23.5m (£19.1m)
9. Charlize Theron – $23m (£18.7m)
10. Ellen Pompeo – $22m (£17.9m)