The most expensive city in the world according to the 26th annual Cost of Living Survey in Hong Kong. The survey was carried out in March 2020 at the center of the deadly coronavirus outbreak. It should be noted that 2020 ranking comprised 209 cities in five different continents as it looks at their costs of the housing, transportation, food, clothing, entertainment, and household goods, Face2Face Africa reports.
- N’Djamena (Chad) The Chadian city ranked 11th in the international category in 2019. In 2020, it dropped to 15th
- Lagos (Nigeria) Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria, is one of the most populous cities in Africa. Last year, it ranked 25th globally and 4th in Africa. It improved on the continent this year as it moved to the 2nd position.
- Libreville (Gabon) The city still maintains its 2019 position in Africa when it came to 3rd. in 2020, it ranked 33rd for the cost of living.
- Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire Ranked as the 4th most expensive city for ex-pats in Africa, it scored 36th on a global scale.
- Brazzaville (Congo) This is the fifth most expensive country for foreigners in Africa and ranked 44th globally. However, in 2019, it was ranked 39th globally.