Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) is a conglomerate of companies actively rendering various services in the Oil and Gas sector of the global economy; especially in West Africa rendering services to support Hydrocarbon Drilling, Completion and production at various levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Preparation and analysis revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by collaborating with auditors for record purposes.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Perform a number of account reconciliation functions including monthly bank creditor and debtor reconciliation, income audit and payroll implementation and audit.
- Minimum academic qualification First Degree in Accounting, ACCA or ICAN or its equivalent is a must
- 4-5 years experience preferably in our and gas industry
- Good financial and reporting skills. Must have experience in core oil and gas finance operations
- Good knowledge of Asset care, Management Reporting, and inventory
- Able to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Experienced in oil and gas.
Application Closing Date
31st October 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.